The flavors of classic chakalaka combine to create the creamiest Chakalaka Hummus you have ever tasted! Pungent lemon, Cajun seasoning, garlic, and tahini make this hummus the best you will ever have!
Serves 8 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 package Mathata Chakalaka, prepared
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large pinch of cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Ready your blender or food processor.
- Add the prepared chakalaka, tahini, garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, and Cajun seasoning to the blender. Blend until very smooth on the high setting.
- To a dry saucepan over medium heat, add the pine nuts and toast, turning frequently to avoid burning. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to visibly brown. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon your hummus into a bowl. Top with more olive oil, Cajun seasoning, and the toasted pine nuts. Place the fridge for 2 hours minimum. Serve chilled.