These tender, moist, and meatless Chakalaka Bean Patties have all the spice and flavor of chakalaka, but can be eaten as a handheld! Serve over a bed of lettuce or on your favorite bun.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 35 minutes | Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 package Original Chakalaka, prepared
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare your chakalaka as per the package directions. Allow to cool slightly
- Add the prepared package contents into a bowl. Mix with the oat flour, eggs, garlic, nutritional yeast, and parsley. Combine until you have a thick pasty consistency.
- Form into 4 patties and place on a plate. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours so that the patties better hold their shape.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat your olive oil over medium heat. Sear your patties on each side for 3-4 minutes until a nice, browned crust forms. Flip and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or on top of your favorite bun with condiments.